Andy provides proactive counsel to businesses, executives, and investors, helping them navigate all aspects of the business life cycle, including formations, complex contract negotiations, corporate governance issues, mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic transactions. Clients also seek Andy’s advocacy when internal and external disputes arise in the corporate or commercial context.
A trusted advisor to business leaders, Andy represents publicly traded and closely held clients of all sizes in a diverse range of industry sectors, including transportation, logistics, manufacturing, technology, construction, and professional services, among others. Many clients count on Andy as outside general counsel, where he leads the provision of legal services across disciplines to solve problems and create value as a key partner to business owners and executive teams.
As Managing Partner for North Carolina, Andy leads Michael Best’s growth and development in the state, with a focus on cultivating enduring client relationships, optimizing the efficiency of legal deliverables, and attracting and retaining exceptional professionals. Unique among attorneys, Andy leverages his experience as a business leader in implementing pragmatic, strategic legal advice for the benefit of his clients — tailored to achieve their specific objectives.
Honors & Recognitions
- Silver Beaver Award, Cape Fear Council, Boy Scouts of America, 2022
- Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, Young Guns, 2020
- Rising Star, North Carolina Super Lawyers Magazine, 2020 – Present
- Rising Star, Greater Wilmington Business Journal 100 Rising Stars, 2020
- 40 Under 40 Award, Wilmington Chamber of Commerce & Wilmington Star-News, 2019
- Fellow, E. A. Morris Fellowship for Emerging Leaders, 2018
- Recipient, Presidential Scholarship, Elon University
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Director, Civic Engagement Committee, 2020 – 2021
- Member, Civic Engagement Committee, 2019 – 2020
- District Representative, District 9 (NC), 2018 – 2020
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Co-Chair, Standing Committee on Disaster Legal Services, 2018 – 2020
- Co-Chair, Meetings and Conventions Committee, 2017 – 2018
- Co-Chair, Community Relations Committee, 2015 – 2017