Alec serves as primary outside counsel to national, regional, and community banks on interest rate swaps, foreign exchange, commodities, and other derivatives product lines, including documentation for customer transactions and Dodd-Frank Act compliance. In addition, he represents end-users on interest rate swaps, foreign exchange, commodities, and other derivatives transactions and compliance.
Alec also practices in the areas of commercial lending, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions. As a lending attorney, he has represented financial institutions and borrowers in a broad range of transactions, including:
- Secured and unsecured credit transactions of all sizes and types
- Loan syndications and participations
- Leveraged buyout financings
- Reorganizations and workouts
- Correspondent banking transactions
- Equipment finance
- Municipal finance transactions
Alec is a past chair of the firm’s Banking and Financial Services Industry Group.