A.J. focuses his litigation practice on intellectual property and federal court matters, including disputes over evolving patent, trademark and copyright infringement, contract disputes, and class actions. He also litigates cases in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota state courts, with his past experience including jury trials in both Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Notable work includes:
- Represented an ethanol production company in a trial victory involving a breach of contract dispute tried to jury in the Minnesota State Court, valued in excess of $200,000
- Represented the creators of an on-line restaurant ordering app, settled a class action lawsuit before a federal court, alleging a violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, worth in excess of $150,000
- Represented a cigarette manufacturer in settling, on the eve of trial, a trademark infringement case before a federal court, worth in excess of $300,000
- Represented a major manufacturer of bathroom fixtures in settling a patent infringement case before a federal court, worth in excess of $500,000
- Represented a tool manufacturer in settling a class action environmental violation (Toxic Substances Control Act) suit, worth in excess of $7 million
- Represented a major medical insurer in settling a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court, worth in excess of $500,000
- Represented prior owners of a bio-cleaning material company in a trial victory in federal district court in a suit alleging breach of contract and fraud, worth in excess of $5 million
- Represented a manufacturer of video games/slot machines in settling a copyright infringement case before a federal court, worth in excess of $1 million
Before joining the firm, A.J. served as a clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin for Honorable William M. Conley, Honorable Barbara B. Crabb, and Honorable John C. Shabaz.
Honors & Recognitions
- "Rising Stars," Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property Litigation