Adam is a relentless advocate for his clients in the areas of complex commercial and financial services litigation. Clients value Adam’s judgment, creative solutions, and results-driven approach to resolving their most pressing business needs.
Adam counsels and represents financial institutions in complex litigation throughout the country, including defending lender liability claims, prosecuting breach of contract and breach of guaranty claims, and representing financial institutions with respect to workouts, forbearance agreements, receiverships, and Chapter 128 proceedings.
Adam also helps businesses and individuals resolve a wide array of disputes, including with suppliers, distributors, customers, contractors, and business partners. Adam has successfully litigated, mediated, arbitrated, and settled matters concerning breach of contract, breach of warranty, negligence, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference with business expectancy, the Lanham Act, false advertising, fraud, misrepresentation, and land use.
Adam is also extensively involved in Milwaukee’s nonprofit community, serving as a member of the board of directors of Jewish Family Services of Milwaukee and Operation DREAM, Inc., and as a Trustee of the Jewish Community Foundation of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation.
Broad-based & Strategic Representation of Financial Institutions
Adam regularly advises and represents financial institutions on a wide array of litigation related matters.
In recent years, Adam:
- Defended a financial institution in a multimillion dollar lender liability lawsuit
- Represented a financial institution concerning a defaulted agricultural borrower and related liquidation and receivership
- Represented a financial institution related to forbearance agreements, workouts, and out-of-court resolutions
- Represented a large credit union regarding a multimillion dollar investment fraud and federal receivership
- Represented a financial institution related to an SEC enforcement investigation
- Represented a national bank in a dispute involving the FDIC receiver and a bank holding company over ownership of substantial tax refunds
- Represented a financial institution related to a grand jury subpoena
- Obtained one of the largest state court judgments in southeast Wisconsin for a national bank in a hotly contested case regarding a breach of commercial note and guaranty
- Represented a financial institution related to issues concerning PPP loans
Winning on Both Sides of Injunctive Relief
Adam has extensive experience obtaining and defeating motions for temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, and the emergency appointment of receivers.
In the past few years, Adam has:
- Defeated a motion for preliminary injunction in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas on behalf of an inventor and chemical company
- Obtained a temporary restraining order in Waukesha County, Wisconsin Circuit Court on behalf of a medical device company
- Obtained a favorable extension to a preliminary injunction in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin without the need to post a bond and reached a favorable resolution after the preliminary injunction hearing that resulted in a permanent injunction
- Obtained the emergency appointment of a receiver in Illinois state court on behalf of a national bank
Receiverships & Chapter 128 Proceedings
Adam regularly represents creditors in receivership and Chapter 128 proceedings.
In the past few years, Adam has:
- Represented secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 128 proceedings in circuit courts throughout Wisconsin
- Represented secured and unsecured creditors in Federal Court receivership proceedings
- Represented creditors in receivership sales including sales of businesses, auctions, and other liquidation proceedings
- Represented creditors on oversight committees
Prevailing in Complex Civil Cases
Recently, Adam has:
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defendant corporations in the Eastern District of Wisconsin, defeating claims under the Lanham Act, the Wisconsin Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and claims for breach of contract, breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, tortious interference with contract, and contractual indemnification.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice on behalf of corporate officer and director in breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit filed by a corporate shareholder in Waukesha County, Wisconsin.
- Obtained summary judgment and a permanent injunction on behalf of property owners in Door County, Wisconsin enforcing restrictive covenants.
Honors & Recognitions
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- The Midwest’s Best Lawyers©, Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Named a 2015 Up and Coming Lawyer by Wisconsin Law Journal, an honor awarded to only 30 Wisconsin lawyers that have been practicing for less than eight years
- "Rising Stars," Business Litigation, Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2014-2019
- Recipient of 2015 Michael Best Litigation Practice Group Outstanding Community Service Award
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Member, Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Member, Thomas Fairchild American Inns of Court (2012 - 2013)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)