Understanding Patent Law 2016 will deliver a comprehensive, one-day review of patent law basics, current legal developments and nuanced practice points, offering takeaways for practitioners of all skill levels.
This program will start with the foundations. The beginning of the program will be devoted to reviewing the nuts and bolts of patent law practice, including an overview of the patent life cycle, from the application process to issuance, including the attendant fees. Our expert faculty will then guide you through the broad landscape of options to assert patent rights. Litigation in district courts to PTO proceedings will all be covered, giving attendees from law firms and legal departments a complete review of the options.
Finally, we will conclude with some helpful insights from the deal-maker’s perspective. A panel covering patent licensing, mergers & acquisitions and other patent transactions will introduce some of the latest thinking and techniques behind a range of patent transactions.
Attorneys practicing in every aspect of patent law should walk away from this program with a new or refreshed awareness of its foundational principals, along with a clear sense of its most current pressing issues affecting litigators and transactional attorneys operating in this dynamic field.
You will learn:
- The patent life cycle, from application-preparation, filing, prosecution and issuance
- The patent landscape - knowing and asserting your rights
- Patent infringement and litigation - claim construction, defenses, and relevant timelines
- Patent Litigation - District Courts, ITC, IPR, and PGR
- Legal issues arising out of patent transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and licensing
In-house and law firm attorneys engaged in patent litigation or transactional matters should find this program current and helpful.