Milwaukee, WI (November 11, 2015) – Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is pleased to announce the appointment of litigation and intellectual property partner S. Edward Sarskas to the Milwaukee Bar Association’s Board of Directors.
Sarskas will replace Chief Judge Maxine A. White on the Board, who resigned to assume her role as Chief Judge of the state’s First Judicial District. The term for the Board of Directors is three years.
The Board of Directors manages the affairs of the Milwaukee Bar Association by providing leadership, guidance and assistance to the Bar Association’s executive director, James Temmer and his team, and by promoting the organization and the legal profession throughout the Milwaukee community.
“The Milwaukee Bar Association has a rich tradition of service to the Milwaukee community,” says Sarskas. “It is an honor to join the Board of Directors, and I look forward to working with the leadership team to advance the mission of this positive organization.”
Prior to being named a director, Sarskas contributed significantly to the Milwaukee Bar Association as Michael Best’s volunteer coordinator for the Milwaukee Justice Center and the Mobile Legal Clinic.
About the Milwaukee Bar Association
Established in 1858, the mission of the Milwaukee Bar Association is to serve the interests of the lawyers, judges and the people of Milwaukee County by working to:
- Promote the professional interests of the local bench and bar
- Encourage collegiality, public service and professionalism on the part of the lawyers of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Improve access to justice for those living and working in Milwaukee County
- Support the courts of Milwaukee County in the administration of justice
- Increase public awareness of the crucial role that the law plays in the lives of the people of Milwaukee County