Many businesses have experienced supply chain disruptions due to the impact of COVID, raw material and labor shortages, and other factors. Given the uncertainty on when these challenges will subside, businesses need to focus on their supply chain strategy and have the flexibility to respond to challenges and opportunities.
In this webinar, attorneys Jeff Dunn, Joe Olson, Jeff Peterson, and Adam Witkov will cover topics on handling supply chain issues under existing contracts as well as drafting certain provisions in new contracts to avoid or minimize potential problems, to include:
- Force Majeure and the common law doctrines of Impossibility and Frustration of Contract
- Seller-side issues such as product allocation, price adjustments and surcharges
- Buyer-side issues such as limits on price increases, alternative supplier arrangements, safety stock and consignments, and transitioning to a new supplier
- Intellectual property considerations like escrows, licenses, ownership of tooling, etc.
- Other contracting best practices
We will apply for CLE credit in WI, CO, IL, NC, TX, UT, and VA (if applicable). If you are seeking CLE credit, please provide the applicable state(s) and bar number(s) in the registration form.