Despite the government shutdown extending into January 2019, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had a busy year publishing numerous final and proposed rules. Some of these actions will impact your upcoming annual reports and proxy statements. Below is a summary of significant SEC rulemaking from the past year. Contact the securities and capital markets professionals at Michael Best for more information about how these rules and proposed rules could affect you.
- Expansion of Regulation A to Public Reporting Companies
- Regulation S-K Disclosure Modernization
- Proposed Amendments to Accelerated Filer and Large Accelerated Filer Definitions
- Proxy Voting Advice Reforms
- Modernization of Shareholder Proposals and Treatment of No-Action Requests
- “Test-the-Waters” Accommodation Available to All Issuers
- SEC Fee Increase and Modernization
- Expanded Definitions of Accredited Investor and Qualified Institutional Buyer
- Statement on the Role of Audit Committees in Financial Reporting
Click here to read and download our complimentary report.