Please join Michael Best and thought leaders from government, academia and industry for a full day conference covering the intersection of technology and the practice and application of the law.
The day will feature a series of interactive panel discussions appropriate for in-house counsel and business leaders, and will cover a wide range of technologies and the impact they are having on the law. Session topics include:
- Blockchain technology and its many uses,
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies,
- 3-D printing and additive manufacturing,
- Launching an innovation driven start-up, and
- Practical legal and common-sense advice about maintaining a balance between innovation and privacy laws and regulations.
Confirmed speakers and moderators include practitioners from Michael Best, Venture Best®, and Michael Best Strategies, as well as:
- Nina Kilbride, CCO, Monax
- Murray Spruill, Intellectual Property Counsel, AgBiome
- Jason Tham, Founder, 100Crypto
- Deborah Gerhardt, Associate Professor of Law, UNC School of Law
- Lucas Osborn, Associate Professor of Law, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Campbell University
- James Beebe, Senior Counsel, Intellectual Property, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Paul Banwatt, Associate, Gilbert’s LLP
- Lee Reiners, Lecturing Fellow, Executive Director, Global Financial Markets Center, Duke Law
- Scott Andrews, CEO & Co-Founder, InvestiQuant, Inc.
- Judith Beach, Privacy and Regulatory Law Consultant, Judith Beach LLC
- Alex Linebrink, CEO, Passage/PassageX
- Jeff Bandman, Founder and Principal, Bandman Advisors
- Ami Kabadi, Founding Scientist, Element Genomics
- Rob Hallford, Director, New Ventures, Duke University Office of Licensing & Ventures
- Keith K. Nakasone, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Acquisition, U.S. General Services Administration
CLE credit in WI, CO, IL, NC, TX, UT, and VA is pending. We are happy to provide the program materials to participants applying for credit in other states.
For more information, please contact our Events team.