Food Safety Modernization Act – 21 CFR Part 117
Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventative Controls for Human Food
The Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) broke ground in 2015 with an unprecedented food safety overhaul and significantly increased requirements for growers, retailers, and every party in between. Part 117, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventative Controls for Human Food (HARPC), introduces an entirely new way of thinking, such as supply chain verification, along with new terms, such as Qualified Individual and Qualified Auditor.
As FSMA’s tiered implementation takes effect in September 2016, many questions have been raised in understanding who is required to comply, by when, and the specific requirements for their particular business.
EAS’s newest intensive compliance training seminar, in partnership with Michael Best, will provide a detailed analysis of the 21 CFR Part 117 regulation, as well as a step by step breakdown of its various Subparts. Participants at this 2-day seminar will enjoy an interactive learning environment with applicable real world examples of best practices to gain an understanding of what rules apply to your business in meeting FDA’s stringent requirements.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals involved in management, regulatory affairs, and quality control/assurance in the manufacturing, labeling, packaging, storing and distribution of foods
- Consultants, auditors, attorneys, and others interested in learning about the food GMPs replacing 21 CRF Part 110, and how they should best be applied
- Seth A. Mailhot, Partner - Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Leah Hurtgen Ziemba, Partner - Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Charles Breen, Senior Consultant - EAS Consulting Group
- Maury Bandurraga, Ph.D., Senior Consultant - EAS Consulting Group
Michael Best Madison Office
US Bank Plaza Conference Center
One South Pinckney Street
Madison, WI 53703
Cost: $1,200 per individual (includes lunch and 21 CFR Part 117 Pocket Guide)
• Michael Best Clients & Friends: 10% (Code: MB10)
• Government: 50% (Code: GOV50)
• Group rate: 10% (Code: COMP10)